Hey Blossoms! I want to share one activity that I do which has tremendously helped with my mental health. Some of you may be familiar with journaling, and if you are not well, let me put you on!
What is Journaling?
Journaling is a way to write out your feelings, ideas, and emotions. It is a time where you can speak kinder to yourself. By performing this act of self care we can relieve stress, improve our mood, and release anxiety.
By using journal prompts that are aimed at self love and self esteem, we can begin working on overdue internal work. Yes dear you are over due for a little one on one with yourself. However, I know it can be scary but the things we will learn will be for the better. Trust me this this will help with the the analysis paralysis, and continuous overthinking. When we write things out we can begin to manifest and affirm them. Which in turn will then solidify what we desire. Undoubtedly making us take action upon these feelings and emotions.
If you have ever wanted to discover so much more about yourself, you just need to take a moment by exploring new topics. Secondly, these new topics will then allow you discover new feelings, and thoughts which can cause self discovery and internal reawakening.
15 Journal Prompts For Self Love and Self Esteem
- What are 3 thing you have done that have made you proud?
- Write 5 positive affirmations.
- What do you think are some of your strengths?
- What are 3 goals you have this month?
- List 6 good qualities you have.
- Write a list of 7 things you are grateful for.
- What are 4 things you really love about yourself.
- List 6 of your most positive traits.
- What are 5 things you are really good at?
- List 10 things that make you smile.
- Write 6 things you love about your body.
- Describe yourself in 7 words.
- What are some toxic habits you want to delete from your life?
- What does confidence mean to you?
- What is holding you back from your dreams, and what can we do to remove the obstacles?
I think these prompts are a great start to getting to know yourself better. In addition, we also need to learn on how to be better about how we treat ourselves in general. If you haven’t checked out my post on eliminating toxic habits.
Let me know in the comments if you have tried any journaling or if its something you think you would like to start!
As always don’t forget to connect with me on IG @itsnancykimberley, Pinterest, and YouTube!